Racing for Children

This past Saturday, I ran a 5K for Harvesting Hope Ministries.  The following information is from their website:

"Harvesting Hope Ministries, Inc. is a 501c-3 non-profit whose mission is to bring hope to children and their families who have life threatening illnesses.  Currently, we give care packs to our local Ronald McDonald House at the Egleston/Emory Campus in Atlanta."

Race Shirt
I have said before that I love running for great causes, but I especially love running for causes that benefit children.  

I found out about this particular 5K after running The Chiefs 5K last month.  A lady approached me and handed me a flyer advertising the Harvesting Hope Ministries' race.  After she handed it to me, she explained that the money raised from the 5K would go towards helping kids that have to undergo organ transplants of some kind.  She finished by explaining that her son had to have two liver transplants (one recently), so this was a cause near and dear to her heart.

How do you respond to that?  Well, I said I would definitely be there!

It was a good 5K.  I wasn't too crazy about the course - it was a loop around a local church three times - and it didn't start on time, but I always leave a race pleased when I receive an age group award! ;-)

My time was 32:55.

AND I got this awesome shoelace clip!


I love that the clip has a heart on it! Why?  Because I heart (love) racing. And, as I said, I heart (love) running for great causes.  And when I look at it, I'm reminded of one particular race I'll actually be running next weekend; a race that I absolutely heart (love) - the Remembering our Babies "Walk to Remember."

This event is actually a two mile walk or a 5K run.  I've always run the 5K in honor of Angel and other babies lost too soon.  This will be my third time running this race.  When I run it, I wear the shirt I got running the race that first time in 2012. I have the names of all our angels on it.  Sadly, every year I add more names...

Do you see your angel's name?
If you don't see your angel's name on my shirt and you would like me to include his or her name, just leave me a message below or e-mail me the name (forgetmenotohlord2010@hotmail.com). I would be honored to run in remembrance your baby!

Today's forget-me-not: Children.  ALL children.

"Children are a heritage of the Lord." Psalm 127:3

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment