the running bug

I never feel better physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually than after a run.

I'm more focused.  I'm more optimistic.  And I feel as if I have the energy I need to tackle the day.

Running is a form of rest for me.  It's refreshing.

It affords me the solitude I need and crave.

Me. Alone. Just me.

And my creator by my side.  Us. Together.

Relief.

Deliverance from the worries of this life.

You really need to try it!

Now, I know what you're thinking. You think you could never be a runner.  I know.  I was that person.  I was the girl who said, "If you see me running, it's because someone is chasing me!"

But then, out of a desire to run a couple races for some good causes, I gave it a chance.  Armed with a couch to 5K program, I dove in, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Give running a chance.  The reward is an overall healthier you.  AND, when running in God's creation, you'll have moments to take Him and His awesomeness into your soul. Moments of rest.

I took this picture a couple weekends ago on a morning run.
I thought it was beautiful how the light shone through despite the trees trying to hide it. #hope
My oldest daughter, Beth, and I ran in a race this past weekend.  She ran the 1K, and I ran the 5K. It was the Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) Superhero Run.

One of my goals in having Beth run occasionally in races is the hope that she might get bitten by the running bug.  I could think of no better physical activity for her to adopt in her life.  Only time will tell if she comes to love it as much as her mom and dad do...




As for me, the running bug is not something I'm going to "get over" any time soon. I ran this race at a leisurely pace to take time to enjoy the run, so my official race time of 35:08 isn't a great race time for me; however, I had a great race time, and that's what matters most.

crossing the finish line
Today's forget-me-not: The running bug - a virus you should catch!

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment