a letter to the daughter I never met face to face

Dearest Angel,

Here we are again.  The anniversary of the day of your passing.  When I let myself think back to the events of that day, I am saddened.  But I try not to dwell on that for too long.

I try to remember the days before I found out that I might lose you.  When I was so happy to be pregnant again.  When thoughts of your addition to our family danced happily around in my head. As I thought of names for you.  As we began to prepare your room.

It was such a beautiful time.

You were here. Within me. And then you weren't.

But that short time I had you coupled with your loss changed me for the better.  And I want you to know that I'm doing my best to help other mommies that have lost their angels. The work that I do for the baby loss community is because of you, my dear one.  Inspired by you.  In honor of you.

So happy fifth angelversary, my darling.  I know you are enjoying our Savior's presence.  Give Jesus a big hug for me.  I'll see you one day.

Love,
your mommy


Today's Forget-me-not, Oh Lord: Angel

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Post a Comment